Last week I set the type to an Apple Tart recipe for my Digital Foundations class. This exercise was to set type in a hierarchy. The recipe was given at the end of our reading from our class assignment.
What I had done:
Critiques and Advice:
- Use of italics to show separate parts is well done, along with the bolded ingredients
- The leading seems a bit tight and could benefit from more space – it may effect the readability
- The letters seem a little clumped together and the tracking may need to be adjusted to fix that
- Try increasing the size of the italicized parts
- Test out a Sans serif font
- Adjust the leading and kerning
In order to fix the typesetting, I have increased the leading and size difference in some of the type. I have also chosen a sans-serif font for easy readability.